I Saw it Essay by Hillary Chute

Keiji Nakazawa: Fallece el Autor de Hadashi no Gen - Anime ...

Reading the origins of I Saw it and what promoted the manga was very interesting. Firstly I never really knew that there would be a manga about the Hiroshima bombing (that's mainly because I never really thought to check or never really thought about it because A. I'm not a fan of war and B. This event is very sad to think about)

It's very distressing to hear what Keiji Nakazawa went through during and after. He was literally just a child when it happened and if it wasn't for the wall that fell on him when the bomb exploded he would have been vaporized and "his body burned pitch black". He lost half his sibling because of this and when his mother died and was cremated. He couldn't do the traditional Japanese ceremony. regardless of all that he lost, the people who told him to not write about the bombing, and him literally being arrested by the CIA. Nakazawa invented documentary comics when he published, "I Saw it" 



Comments

Popular Posts